Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was the first in a while that we didn't have much planned. The only thing I had planned was our Chicagoland GTG (more on that to come later!). Sometimes, these are the best weekends. We could do anything we wanted; we didn't have any graduations or birthday parties to go, nothing.

As pretty much everyone in Chicago, all focus was on the Hawks on Friday. Coming home to the "Madhouse on Madison" after taking the first two games in San Jose was HUGE, considering how pedestrian we had been playing at the United Center. Needless to say, I was sooooo glad that we didn't have to have another 9 pm puck drop! We went by Dave's aunt and uncle to have pizza and watch the game and had a blast watching Dustin Byfuglien win it for us in OT!!




Saturday was a lazy morning, as we didn't wake up until about 11:15! I ended up having to take a Benadryl at 1 am because I was itching like crazy from the cats at Dave's aunts house. It was pretty funny, looking back, at my big, fat FAIL at temping that morning, but oh well! I seriously fell back asleep as soon as I put the therm in my mouth and woke up to find it on the floor, next to my bed. After lunch with my parents and brother, we headed to the city to hang out at Dave's cousin's place. His cousin's wife and I have become BFFs, so it is an awesome situation all around. Usually, the guys hang out and drink, talk sports, or play Risk and the girls hang out upstairs with their adorable son, Nathan.


Sunday was HOT AS HELL! Almost 90 degrees! It was quite sticky and yucky considering I couldn't go in a pool. I only like it really hot out when there is a pool or beach nearby that I can go in. Otherwise, you can take it! We had our TTGP Chicagoland GTG at Maggiano's in the Streets of Woodfield. Thanks Missy (mchupie) for organizing it! It was so great to really put a face to the screennames I've been chatting with. And it was awesome to know that these women know what I've been going through on our TTC journey because they are on their own TTC journey. Some have been trying longer than others, and some have finally gotten their BFP's, but they know the want to have a child and the sometimes difficult path you have to go on to get there. I had so much fun!


And of course, the biggest part of this weekend! The Blackhawks are now 4 wins away from hoisting the Stanley Cup. Game 4 was this afternoon, and I did make sure to be home in time for the game! It was an awesome, intense game that we, of course, won! Dustin Byfuglien strikes again to score the winning goal!




After the way we played in the first round of the playoffs, I really did not think we would sweep the number 1 seed, but we did! And dare I say, it seems we are on a roll and are getting hot at the right time. We just have to wait to see who we will play in the STANLEY CUP FINALS! I can now say that! I didn't want to jinx us so I never said it out loud, but now I can shout it loud!!
How was your weekend? What did you do to enjoy the beautiful weather?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I read your blog :)

    It was great to see you on Sunday. So nice to put a face to the name!

    ReplyDelete