Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Adventures of Peeing in a Cup

Ahhhh, the joys of OPKs.



Using OPKs can be a logistical nightmare! Seriously, you have to pee in a cup. Then, dip the stick in your urine for 3 seconds (but, don't dip it over the MAX line!), and then lay flat. Results should appear in 5 minutes. Easy enough, right?! Well, sure. When you are in the privacy of your own bathroom and not in the bathroom at work! I was just going to test when I got home (providing I had some fertile CM), but I didn't want to miss my surge. So, I decided to test twice daily when I am seeing watery CM (hopefully, I will see EWCM this cycle though!). Since I have yet to win the lotto, this means I will have to test while at work.



Armed with my cute, little cosmetic case that was just the right size for a dixie cup and OPK, I set off for the bathroom. It's a typical bathroom - 4 stalls, although no handicap stall. I head straight for the farthest stall so no one can tell how long I'll be in the stall. I get in and realize, how the hell am I going to do this?!. There isn't anywhere for me to put my little cup o' pee after I do my thang. My cosmetic bag is not heavy enough to keep the little shelf thingy down. I can't exactly place the urine-filled cup on the floor where someone can see it under the stall. The back of the toilet seat was the only place to put it. Crisis #1 averted.

So, I settle in to do my business. At this point, I've had to pee for an hour, but had a meeting with my boss, plus a training session. And when I say that I had to pee, I had to pee! I'm like a camel, and usually can go all day and only pee twice. So, this was not a time to get bladder shy! But, bladder shy I got! I sat there, with my Dixie cup in hand, for about 5 minutes before giving up. Of course, just as I was stuffing my Dixie cup back into my cosmetic case, I got the urge again! Crisis #2 averted.

And after all that, the OPK was negative.

1 comment: