Monday, August 16, 2010

2 Firsts, 1 Day

So, it's been 2 weeks since I've been on the meds and I really think they are working! Thank god, because I figured that if I had to deal with the nausea, vomitting, and diarrhea, something had to happen, right? Any hoot, something told me to check my CM this morning before work (I usually check during the day and in the evening when I get home from work), so I did. Lo and behold, I actually had EWCM! I have NEVER seen any before-the most fertile type I have gotten was watery.





Although I was really excited, there was a little part of me that didn't want to believe that my body could actually be doing what it was supposed to be doing. I wasn't going to do OPKs this cycle, because we are TTA this cycle, but it was killing me to think that I could actually be ovulating and I was too impatient to just wait and see what my temps looked like in a few days. I figured a trip to Walgreen's on my lunch break was in order. Now, I use internet cheapie OPKs from Amazon, so I was SHOCKED at how expensive a box of OPKs were! I do have to admit that I didn't want to have to stare, squint, etc. to decipher the test, so I sprung for the digital ones, but still. $35 for 7 tests?! Ouch.






I could not believe it! My first positive OPK!!I think my body is actually working again. I know that it doesn't necessarily mean that I will ovulate, but it's a start, right?

P.S. No, I did not take a picture of the actual OPK. Google Images is my friend :)

2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! And FWIW, I can't even count how many peesticks I've taken pictures of. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! That's great news. I know this is totally random of me, but you can get the digitals way cheaper ($31 for a box of 20 with free shipping) on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete